Landscape Design 101
- Lectures 15
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 157
- Assessments Yes
Time to tackle landscape design.
Understanding landscape design is all about already having the fundamentals down for graphics and visual culture, and only then we can jump in and start working on landscape design itself.
That is why the format for this course is different than the usual – so you get to steadily build up the skills to transition to proper landscape design.
Keep in mind that at this level, the ability to creatively express your ideas is still very important, so you will need to develop strong graphics abilities (free flowing line drawing, conceptual thinking expressed in drawing)
How you will change:
- Learn the fundamentals of landscape design graphics and thinking
- Upgrade your pre-existing architecture drawing and design abilities
- Get a visual culture relating to adjacent subjects such as urban design, wooden structures and abstract art
What you will learn:
- Detailed introduction on box perspectives, axonometrics, triple projection and simple volumes
- 10 entourage exercises that will get you used to drawing trees and shrubs
- A conceptual composition where you practice further developing your graphics and creative narrative
- Abstract composition where you take your concept skills and graphics to the next level
- Five principles of urban design that apply to landscape design and get your designs that feel of having a larger scale
- Urban design square and tower assignment, where you can apply everything learned about landscape design
- A wood structure gazebo to be used as a detailing element for landscape design
- Park design with four different spatial principles that is a graphics and design exercise (this is the main assignment exercise which will get you at least four different variants for the same design)
- Greenhouse design to practice landscape exhibition
- Large park design in detailed projection, sections and plan
Landscape design drawing starts off with mixing many areas of expertise and synthesizing everything into a final piece that ticks all the boxes.
Your ideas will then take a life of their own and slowly grow towards full-on landscape design graphics and thinking.
My training is going to help you understand everything you need to know to get there – click on the ‘add to cart’ button and I will see you on the other side.