Architectural Composition 101
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 213
- Assessments Yes
Architectural composition is where the architectural thinking starts getting translated into drawings and future designs. So it is theory and architectural principles expressed into raw creative ideas and then brought to a stable form where you can present them to the world.
How many times you got an original idea, but when you put it on paper it ended up looking mediocre and you lost self confidence in your skills because of that?
Did you ever notice that your current drawing style somehow misses the mark, like your drawings lack that ‘edge’ of coming across as they are made by an architect?
Did you ever wonder how to make all your crazy organic-shaped, blobitecture, ‘zaha hadid’ design ideas end up looking like real buildings?
Check Out The Full FREE Lessons:
What you will learn in this course:
- How to draw all the simple box perspectievs that will give you the fundamental of understanding architectural drawing and how to draw everything in composition.
- Cube and prism house as practice for you detailing in freehand sketching and that will set up a solid base for future conceptual work.
- Simple volumes that you will draw in technical drawing and freehand skteches – you will understand their logic and how to use them as builing blocks for your future compositions.
- Simple volumes composition – apply what you learned in the previous lesson in your first proper abstract architectural composition.
- How to add even more drawing detailing via drawing a real objects composition (this will give you a core feeling about what architectural composition is and how to get it right even when you are using boring day-to-day objects).
- Draw and design your first conceptual composition where you express your abstract self-portrait and get your first introduction to abstract architectural coloring.
- Extend your paradigm of composition to technical drawing and learn how to draw a constructed perspective.
- Use what you previously learned by drawing an abstract composition first in technical drawing (triple projection and axonometric), then draw it in a detailed constructed perspective.
- Get the fundamentals right for abstract composition – your first proper ‘weird’ composition, expand your creative thinking and architectural graphics.
How you will change after finishing this course:
- Translate your ideas from imagination on to paper and then represent them in stunning hand rendered visuals.
- Upgrade the clarity and expressiveness of your creative ideas, be able to come up with ideas on the spot just by sketching.
- Make any architectural idea look good by applying architectural concepts and theory to it.
To sum it up, what you will get with this course:
- Full lifetime access to all the trainings and all future updates.
- Over 20 hours of HD-quality video content.
- 90 videos teaching you 9 essential lessons to learn architectural composition.
- 18 video crits that show you how your work should look like.
- 9 printer-ready PDFs
- 3 BONUS lessons from other of my architectural drawing trainings.
100% satisfaction guarantee, 30-day refund to back everything up
Look, I want this course to be the best investment you ever made in your professional career. I am most definitely not perfect, but I do believe my courses are the best in the world! But hey, if for any reason the course isn’t what you expected, then feel free to ask me for a 100%, no hassle, no-questions-asked refund for the first 30 days! Fair is fair, you tried the training, it didn’t rise to the level of expectation so you get all your money back (and you can even keep the training, that is fine).
This course is presented as an introduction to architectural composition, but the truth is that it will be very challenging for you, even if you have a lot of experience as an architect.
If you are good at the architectural thinking, you will lack in the graphics. If you have previous experience in other graphics media, then you will lack in both and so on…
If you want to upgrade everything you ever thought you can produce in architecture and in drawing, then get this course and then progress to the ‘Advanced’ and ‘Mastery’ versions of it!
I know learning proper architectural composition is an absolute nightmare if you have no direction whatsoever. It comes across as something ‘hit and miss’, and landing a good idea is a matter of good luck, rather than the direct result of a good skill set.
We will work together through all the mental and skill set obstacles and you will see, you can make it happen – you can imagine fantastic, elegant architectural compositions and also draw them like a real boss!
Introduction To Drawing Architectural Composition
Basic Architectural Composition
Complex Architectural Compositin
Architectural Composition 101 BONUSES